Small kentuts.

Ah Moi have decided to set up a charity fund. It's called the:

"Nat's Holiday Funds" aka N.H.F.

I'm not kidding. Please take me seriously... T.T

Monday, June 13, 2011

Bali (Part 1 of... many)

As I was sayin on Twitter, it took me 3 days to finish ONE blog post. So by the time you're reading this, you should know that whatever that has happened real time, is in fact 3 days ago wtf.

And the reason for my post title "Part 1 of... many" is cuz I honestly don't know when I'm forced to stop blogging abruptly because you know... juggling between job-at-home and blogging is a very fine, irritating line.

Anyway, let's talk BALI!!! I went in March with my salsa kakis for Bali Salsa Fest. My second time in Bali and that place never fails to put me in one of my best holiday moods. I think its the sea breeze, the party and the awesome Balinese ppl.

The Balinese are SOOOO nice, and the taxi drivers are ALWAYS willing to send you ANYWHERE with reasonable fares at ANY time of the day (no matter how drunk you are). *cackles*

Jason and me looking all holidayish @ LCCT
Early in the morning and Ah Moi is already showing tell tale signs of hyperactiveness.
All ready!
Salseros & salseras all salsafied ready to salsa at the salsa festival's salsa party! (man, is there a lot of salsa in that one sentence)
With Ulysses from Australia. Awesome dancer. I ambik kesempatan max. #taktaumalu
Jason & EVo
Nah! Slutty picture of me.
Salsa (wannabe) surfers. Actually judging by the way he poses, the "wannabe" can only apply to EVo (far left).
I was wave surfing. EVo, sand surfing.
Salsa at the beach. It would  be a nice shot if not for the 3 dudes invading into the picture. And if you see a piece of shit floating in Kuta Beach, it's EVo's.
Obviously after a while we pretty much gave up surfing and spent more time camwhoring instead.
If you are interested to try surfing in Bali, I don't suggest you go to professional surf schools as their prices are normally way too pricey. Just stroll along Kuta beach and you will find lots of "freelance" surfing instructors approaching you. Prices are normally inclusive of a wetsuit, a board and an hour full of fun! :D
 I gotta admit, I wasn't THAT good in surfing. I have reasons!!!! #sourgrape

1. I am afraid of deep waters. I'm always worried that I'll get sucked down into the bottom of the ocean where the ugly merman will rape me underwater and later they will all devour and feast on my rotting flesh.

2. I worry the pounding waves will pull down my bikini pants make me display my... watever you call it in your own language... in all its glory. I once had a bad experience of this humongous wave pushing up my bikini top all the way up to my upper chests..... lucky nobody saw... or maybe they couldn't (damn them small boobs).
Supposed to be "I LOVE U" but omg look at the "U"!!! Hahahahaha so funny bet they secretly enjoyed themselves.

Beachy fun times! ;)
<3
Look who needed some help with the sun tanning oil.
Awww, dont we look bodoh but cute!


Under the sun is where I'm happiest!! Sometimes my other Chinese friends will scoff at me walking under the blazing sun while they run from tree shadow to tree shadow *cackles*
Needless to say, I was sunburnt at the end of the day. But I don't mind being sunburnt. Cuz I like to peel off the layer of dead skin when it dries. So therapeutic... hahaha.

The only complain I have about the Kuta beach is that it's FILTHY! You can wade in the shallow parts of the sea and you will be tangled in junk food wrappers and plastic bags. There are mountains... not exaggerating... of rubbish piled up on the shore... Not a pretty sight... :(

Went to the second salsa party that night and it was a blast!

Lea & I. Superb dancer!!!
The happy salsa family from KL :)

Hani & I :)
<3
To sum up the salsa fest, it was a REALLY good experience for me since it's my FIRST salsa fest. I didn't even go to the Malaysian one when it was here *malu*...

I can't say much for the workshops in Bali Salsa Fest cuz I didn't join any of them. All of us bought only party passes... but from what I can see, the performances were jaw-dropping! Felt so inferior to salsa after that because I'm like a guppy fish swimming in a tank full of arowanas.

Blog-hopping with Andy-kin in Kuta. Mad awesome. And he's such an awesome dancer. I'm like his ultimate fan-girl now *screams*
Nightlife in Kuta is crazy, man. People will be crawling the streets (for the drunkards, literally) with music blasting from every direction. For optimum experience, DON'T get drunk. It really is no fun when u're drunk and have no recollection or memory on how nice and enjoyable a sober night out can be in Kuta :)

And if you go Seminyak area, there're LOTS of gay/tranny bars. And may I say... gay guys and trannies are the BEST people! They're so hospitable, so funny, so miang! I love them!!! Hahaha. The best part, I have never felt so SAFE in a club packed full of guys because I know I'm not in their "market" wtf. Hahahahaha. 

Ah Kua was so into dancing she forgot to tuck her tetek back inside.

BTW, don't ask me why I was in a gay bar.. Haha.

Good thing I didn't get drunk from the nightout because the next day, it was SIGHTSEEING DAY! :D We engaged a driver from the hotel. His name's KETUT. Yeah, like the one from Eat, Pray, Love. Except this one is younger and has teeth.

Our first stop was at a traditional Balinese dance performance. It would be captivating for first timers. But this was my second time. I honestly found it really hard to stay awake..... Don't get me wrong though, I think the performance was excellently executed but there's only so much of eye-rolling (from the dancers) I can take before I succumb to sleepiness...

Balinese dancer.
Our next stop to cure my sleepiness would be the... COFFEE PLANTATION!

My awesome, super strong KOPI LUWAK!
The coffee plantation owner was super generous with his beverages. Buy one kopi luwak, free 5 other coffee and tea. No wonder he always complains no money.
Beautiful lush scenery at the coffee plantation :)
I did NOT mess up this batch up coffee beans............ u know... just so you know.
Comel tak?????????? :D .................. *awkward silence*... OK, don't answer that.
Went to also see the rice terraces in Ubud...

Me, looking a little "si lai"-ish. (*si lai= auntie T.T )

Beautiful rice terraces in Ubud.
Er, lalang.

We also visited the Monkey Forest temple. Name given because it's full of er... monkeys.... yeah I didn't need to tell you that.

I was secretly afraid of the monkeys because few months back I read this news about this monkey totally tearing up a woman's face. She now has no eyes, no nose and her mouth is just an opening on what used to be a "face". Monkeys are a menace I tell you.

Except the comel ones drinking Coke from a bottle....

Best Coke ad ever! Mwahaha.
And the babies hanging on their mommy's nipples sipping fresh milk wtf...

Baby monyet minum susu :D

And the ones stupid enough to sit on his own pee...

Sitting in a pool of his own pee. Must be very cooling on a hot day.
And the females with extra long nipples...

Wazzaaap.

And the ones picking kutus off each other and then eating them *eww*...

Wah syioknya. I always think that it must be more fun for the picker than it is for the pickee. Because when I used to pick out the ticks on my tick-infested dog, I always felt like I was treasure hunting :D

OK la, I can conclude that monkeys aren't THAT bad. I think the real monkey sometimes are the human. They go around tempting the monkeys with bananas and then end up NOT giving it to them... What's their point? Might as well give the monkeys the right banana before they go bite the wrong one right?... if you know what I mean... *smirk*

We went to Tanah Lot. My second time there but that place is just so awesome I can go back there again and again. This is without a doubt one of the most beautiful, most scenic temples I've seen. If I'm a devotee, I will be so rajin praying everyday (but secretly enjoying the sunset instead of talking to god.omg thunder pls strike me now).

Crashing waves at Tanah Lot as the tide comes in.
 
Btw, you haven't been to Bali if you didn't try their spa. We were so addicted we lost count of the number of massages we had there. But if you are going with your boyfriend, make sure you both are in the same massage room otherwise confirm they will offer "happy endings" Hahaha.
Ok, end of Bali Part 1. Stay tuned for Bali Part 2 :D

I ciao first,

Ah Moi

2 comments:

DrJason said...

Thx NatC for your sweet write up! Such a fun trip travelling wit u & Selvan. Muaaaaak! Jason-Salsa.

yvo said...

looks like so much fun nat!